Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Its come time for me to part ways with this thing. Its been a lot of fun, and super good to me, but I don't need it anymore.

The car is located in Campton Hills Illinois. I recently moved to Glendale Arizona and I didn't bring it with me. If your in the Chicago area I have people who can meet you with the car. My job is currently requiring me to return to Aurora IL once a month though, SO if you live in Arizona and are serious about it, I may be willing to DRIVE IT BACK for as little as the price of gas. Lets talk about it.

Price: $3500
Mileage: 183,000
All records on hand. (Oil changes, brakes, tires, wheel bearing, you name it)
Modification: Ford racing springs and shocks. Shocks replaced not long ago. Alpine stereo. Alpine speakers. SVT door handles. SVT center console (no armrest). Original springs and shocks come with, and original center console(with armrest) comes with too.

For more pictures see the craigslist ad: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/4854677766.html
If you contact me on here, I'd prefer a private message as that should notify me by email as well. If you choose to contact me through Craigslist, mention that you saw the ad here, otherwise I will negotiate price from $3950, which is what its listed at on craigslist.

Craigslist ad goes as follows:
I bought the car in 2009 because I needed something reliable to commute to college in. I bought the car with 46k miles on it and did about 70 miles a day for following 3 years while I attended. Since then, commuting to work has been on the highway and I've used the car for many trips to northern Wisconsin. It's always run reliably and It ACTUALLY has mostly highway miles, if that's worth anything to you. I'm selling the car because I've moved to Arizona and didn't bring it along. There's nothing wrong with it and I'm not in a rush to sell it, I just wont be driving it anymore. I will be returning to the area once a month for work, so I'll be around if your interested in setting something up.

Mechanically:
183k miles. Starts and runs flawlessly. Always has. Air is cold, heater is warm, Oil has been changed every 3k-5k miles with Penzoil High Mileage from Jiffy Lube. Front brakes are brand new. Tires are not new, but they are in reasonable shape. The clutch is original, doesn't slip and will hold the car on a hill. The car is equipped with Ford Racing performance springs and shocks. I installed them around 65k miles and replaced the shocks and struts about a year ago around 175k. I still have the original springs and dampers in a box, and they will come with the car for nothing additional.

I have service records for EVERYTHING that was done by a shop, including every oil change.
The work I've done myself includes: The suspension overhaul, the shock/strut replacement, new end links, and the recent front brake job.

Cosmetically:
At 183k miles, the exterior isn't mint, but it looks damn good. It has never been involved in an accident, but there are some minor paint scratches on the rear bumper, the quarter panels, and doors from the years I had it at school. Interior is clean, dash isn't faded, steering wheel isn't torn and all power controls are working. The in dash stereo unit is an Alpine CDA-105 that plays MP3s off a flash drive, and has a single CD unit. The front and rear speakers are also Alpine brand. The drivers seat is a little beat up, but what would you expect. The only thing "wrong" with the interior is the switch to control the vents isn't working. It is stuck on the defroster mode. Thankfully.

Other stuff:
The car has door handles form a Focus SVT. They are color matched to the car as opposed to the standard dreary grey plastic ones. Found these online years ago and I'm glad I got them.

Originally the car came with an armrest center console, but it got in my way, so I bought one without and armrest from a base model Focus. The armrest console will come with the car for nothing additional, unless you don't want it.

There are spare bulbs in the glove box that will also go with the car.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts