Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Been doing some research on anti-sway bars. Eibach makes a kit for front and back but it appears as though the 2007 model doesn't have the direct bolt-on positions underneath. [dunno] Could someone confirm that.

Are there rear mounting positions?

If there aren't mounting positions, what are the options to reduce body roll for the 2007 model year? I have seen strut towers. Will they have the same affect as anti-sway bars?

My car is a wagon, if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

MikeV

·
Registered
611 Posts
If your car has a rear swaybar already then you should be able to use either an 00-04 SVT rear swaybar or an aftermarket swaybar.

If your car does not have a rear swaybar then you will most likely have to have rear swaybar brackets welded onto the car. There is probably a few other threads on doing that, so try searching for them if need be.

I am planning on upgrading my stock one just haven't decided which route I want to go yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, to be honest, not sure if it has a factory sway bar or not. ??? Hopefully it does as at this stage I don't foresee welding on brackets.

Anyone know whether the 2007 Wagon can be fitted with sway bars without having to weld either back or front?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
ONLY way to know for sure is to look underneath - if it's on there it;s SO obvious i can tell when driving behind a car that has one - or doesn't.

Bar hangs below the rear lower suspension arms with links going up to them - EASY to see.

Kits are avail. to add mounts (bolt on), but they usually end up squeaking so folks recommend having them welded in place.

P.S. - moved this to "Brakes, Suspension & Chassis" where you can find all the details/pictures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts