Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to the forum and am wondering if the issue that I have with my 2007 Focus is common. It's at the dealer right now and is being fixed (It's still under warranty, thank goodness!), and a mechanic just called to tell me what's wrong. I know VERY little about cars, but I could tell when I brought it to them that it was some kind of transmission issue, which it is. Anyway, he told me that it's a shift solenoid problem, which is affecting the direct clutch. It's an automatic transmission and was having trouble shifting gears when accelerating, especially uphill. The car has a little over 33,000 miles on it, and I'm really worried by the fact that it's so new and is already having transmission problems. Is there something that I possibly did to cause these problems? How can I prevent it from happening again? Is this a common problem? Thank you so much. The loan on the car is until 2013, and I'd like it to last that long!

Thanks again,
Elisa

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
This is a common problem for this vehicle.

I also have this problem so I will be fixing it when the weather warms up soon. It's an easy fix and takes like an hour. Luckily you are still under the warrenty! I am not so they wanted to charge me 650. However, i will just be doing it myself. I can get it done for around 50

1 - 2 of 2 Posts