Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with my girlfriends 07 Focus SES. The drivers side exterior door handle no longer works. She went to open it, heard a breaking noise and piece fall off.
I took apart the door and can see that something broke off of the handle. It looks like a piece that just pushes against the latch bar?
What piece do I need to buy to fix it?

I see aftermarket replacement handles, by Dorman, but they do not seem to look right.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got in touch with a dealer service tech at the local Ford dealer. Surprisingly he was really nice and super helpful knowing I wasnt going to give them the work. The piece that broke is known as the reinforcement plate. From what I understand the handle assembly on these cars is a multi piece design and the plate has a nub that pulls the actuator lever for the door latch. Surprise, that nub is plastic lol.

Well it snapped off. I had them order me a new plate for $39.00.

Figured I would post my issue as resolved.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I think there was a door handle "upgrade" kit from one of the sponsors here. Maybe it was North Coast? My passenger door handle is hard as hell to open.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice.

I will look around for it.

The Exterior door handles being difficult to open, on all four doors, are the only complaint she has with the whole car. Well that and it being to high. But I will be installing Eibachs, most likely, for her when she has her winter break from law school.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts