Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I messed up a stock wheel and while it's fine to use I need to get a replacement wheel (the usual eight double-spoke wheel) before I get new tires, and I really need some new tires. Thing is, while I can find rebuilt wheels online and on Ebay, I have seen a couple of descriptions of the silver paint used. Like "silver finish" and "sparkle silver finish". Were there two types of finishes for the 2007 SES wheels or are they all the same? Any codes on the wheel to look for?

I figure to get a new or rebuilt wheel and keep the ugly one with a good tire as a full size spare.

This type wheel:

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
The only ones I remember with different shades & colors were the 17" multi-spoke wheels used on SVT's originally & brought back on MkII's later in a grey tone.

Haven't seen 15" wheels in different silver shades.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm pretty sure the second gen had two different paint schemes, the regular silver and a two-tone. It's hard to tell in pictures but I grabbed this one off Google which shows the second colour.

·
Registered
414 Posts
My 07 had a chrome center cap and friends MKII has a "grey/silver" color match center like the one pictured in the original post. I don't know if it matters but I swear my chrome cap is a little bigger than the color match cap. I don't think the hub size changed between the generations but it might be something to consider.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts