Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i my car's wipers stopped working a few months back and i discovered it blew the wiper fuse.I've replaced the fuse it and it blew it again, i unplugged the wiper motor and replaced the fuse and it blew it again, i went on to unplug both the wiper motor and the washer fluid motor and it blew again when i tried to turn them on even though i knew they woudn't work since everything was unplugged. I'm now left with either a power wire grounding out or my wiper lever being the issue. If anyone could shed some light on this with some wiring diagrams or if anyone else has experienced this before i would gladly appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I don't have a wiring diagram for an 07, but in my 04 the only loads on that circuit are the wiper motor and the washer. The wiring also goes to the General Electronic Module (GEM) and, of course, the wiper/washer switch. It is probably a frayed wiring harness that is shorting to ground.
Try removing the windshield wiper relay (with wiper motor & washer motor unplugged) and see if the fuse still blows when the wiper switch is turned on. That may help narrow the search a little bit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a wiring diagram for an 07, but in my 04 the only loads on that circuit are the wiper motor and the washer. The wiring also goes to the General Electronic Module (GEM) and, of course, the wiper/washer switch. It is probably a frayed wiring harness that is shorting to ground.
Try removing the windshield wiper relay (with wiper motor & washer motor unplugged) and see if the fuse still blows when the wiper switch is turned on. That may help narrow the search a little bit.
Would you happen to know what relay it is? i've looked on the owners manual and online and for the life of me i can't find which one it is. i know it's under the dash in the fuse block but i'm not sure which one it is.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Well, I just pulled up your manual and it says R18 & R19 are not used. Those are the relays for the 04, so something may have changed.
Pull up the manual for the 04 and check page 131. R18 is rear wiper and R19 is front wiper. Maybe the 07 does not have those relays.

·
Registered
6 Posts
my 04 had a relay that was used to park the wiper blades and had to replace it when they did not return to the park position. did your wipers return to the park position . I know yours a 07 but was wondering if it did return to park when you had it connected ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts