Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
The only alternative that I know for the Duratec at the moment is a turbo system. That is what Umibozu23 means by boost.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Here's a few options for ya'

What do you guys think would be the best way to increase my horsepower and torque.
How much hp/ torque are you looking for? You can do a intake, tune, header, cams & a 23 head. Or just put the price of those parts towards a fwerks turbo kit= 3995. plus options. A 23 motor will get you the most grunt & power vs a 20. So a 23 or 25 swap would get you more grunt. Another option is to upgrade your 20 sedan for a '05-'07 ST sedan which gets you a 23,5-spd, 4wdbs & a few more upgrades that your 20 sedan doesn't have. [twothumbs]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
There's a whole separate section devoted to "boost", the "Forced Induction" area.

A whole range of other options for N/A (naturally aspirated) is available, choices depend on budget/intended use/ smog check considerations etc..

Rather than try to write a book on the possibilities, I'd suggest looking around this section & possibly the "Showroom" section of the Forum to get ideas - then tell us your objectives/budget for specific recommendations.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
You can get an exhaust for starters, will need one the most depending on what mods you want and what sort of power you are looking for. Getting an intake/header will only be good if you plan on staying naturally aspirated. If you want real power you will need to go with a turbo setup.

You will not get above 150hp/tq for a reasonable amount of $$ staying n/a where as turbo will get you 200hp/tq and above

·
Registered
8 Posts
What do you guys think would be the best way to increase my horsepower and torque.
I added the basics, intake, magnaflow cat back, SVT suspension, rear sway bar kit and a short throw shifter. Your SES should have a rear sway bar, but you might want to upgrade it. I should have added a tune when I did the intake and exhaust, but I didn't have the money for a SCT flasher ($400). I did all these mods about 7 years ago and I've been very happy with the car. If you do those mods and you're not happy then a turbo kit is probably the best bang for your buck. Fswerks makes a really nice turbo kit for the duratecs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts