Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check small terminal lugs on driver side under hood wiggle around I've had 3 focus and those commonly rot its starting solinoid? Maybe I got new model now it's a bit different should be prob you got lights on dash, not making it to starting ckt. I've had 2 of three cars break had to get towed 1st time knew what it was 2nd held wire on with bandaid and made home.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The lights come o n when you turn key, you have some power. Turn headlights and try it they go out charge batt dry try again. If they stay on a bit check wires to starter and box on drivers side the wires break because of corrosion fix broken wire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I had the same problem happen to me this winter. The dealership changed the Power Steering Pressure Switch and cleaned up a lot of wires. That switch is a common problem with these Ford Focuses. On my car, it worked for about a month. It might work longer on yours if you try it. After my car stopped working for me, I sent my computer to a electronic shop that tests and remanufactures computers. My car runs better now than it ever did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check your ignition fuse. My brother was having a bad time with his and it kept blowing the fuse
It wont hurt you to try moving your steering wheel up or down I have the same problem I still do when I park my car and forget to straight the steering wheel I have to do the same process to start my car again so I always making sure my steering wheel straight when I park it.try it just to satisfy my curiosity and to prove me wrong I know it weird but I have the same problem I still do I just have to repeat the process

·
Registered
19 Posts
That doesn't necessarily mean it's the same cause now. Making stupid assumptions is what leads to people spending more money than necessary to fix a simple problem.

The alternator has nothing to do with starting the car. The battery does. Therefore, you start with the battery and it's connections. To properly test an alternator, you need a good battery.
Had the same thing happen to me 2007 ford focus all the cluster lights came on when battery was fully discharge because if a alternator i knew that ahead of before car cut out then off i had gone to advance auto and had it checked out for free, because the alternator was not charging the battery [fully charge] car will act up, there has to be a certain amount of D C voltage for this car's to run or all part that need a certain amount of voltage. if not every thing goes hay wire. my a c fan did not work when my battery voltage got to low. now that i think of it alternator was going bad about six months before it completely gave out. sign, sort of drag before start.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts