Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where I can get a 'coil connector/multiplug' for a 2007 ford focus 1.6 (Blue).

Every now and again my car loses power and the engine cuts out. The car still has electricity as the dashboard lights come on. Upon trying to re-start the engine the car will rev but not start. I've had the RAC out and they have informed me that the 'coil connector/multi lamp' has broken its clip and has no longer got a good connection. This currently being held in place by a cable tie.

I have taken the car to a garage and I was told that in order to get this fixed I would need to provide the part. The trouble is I have know I idea where to find this part. I've searched online and found many parts which look similar but I'm not sure about the compatibility. To be honest I'm not entirely sure what I am looking for (in technical terms).

Ideally I'd need a pre-wired connector as the end of the cables in my car are pretty knackard.

I really don't know much about cars at all so sorry if this doesn't make sense. I've attached a couple of pictures to show you what I mean.

Any help on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
"Ignition coil pigtail replacement connector"

"pigtail" means it comes complete with a short set of wires to connect to the current wiring harness.

Avail. here from Dealers & many parts stores for our engine versions with a similar connector, you'd have to try similar sources there.

Cheers

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
Dunno why on earth you think you need one though if the plastic wiretie idea is working fine..........all you need is contact at any wires there, you should see one of mine. It works flawlessly though and matters not how you retain it there. I have no clip or wiretie or anything holding it in at all.

The part is named as he just posted, yours there looks a bit different from ours here.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Judging by that ziptie, I'd say that it's been a problem in the past.

Replace the pigtail as the others have said. Remove and inspect the coil for any cracks while you're at it. Is that a Motorcraft coil????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ford Focus Coil Connector

I have them in my shop if you or anybody else still needs. please visit h2fconnectors.com alternatively you can purchase from my ebay store:
These are genuine ford connectors and are available with the pins and seals or pre-wired with pigtails.
Many thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts