Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 se that did not come with fog lights, and now i want to add them. I already bought the fog lights, and got a new headlight switch from the junk yard to have the stock fog light switch.

Now, my question is, will i need to do anything more than wire my new fog lights in to where the factory fog lights should plug in? i believe the factory fog light harness is there, but im not sure if i will need to do anything else.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
609 Posts
If your car has the fog light plugs hanging behind where the fog lights would be then simply plug everything in.

However if your car is not prewired for fog lights then follow the instructions given in this previous thread detailing how to install fog lights onto a 2005-07 Focus w/o prewired fog lights http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453225 specifically post 37 but the rest of the thread has great information in it as well, so be sure to read it all. Mine (and other instructions) with Gudziel doing the work on his car.

I got lucky on my car, it had the fog light connectors hanging so all I had to do was get the fog lights and head lamp switch and bolt everything up. However looking at a number of other peoples posts it seems that I may be in the the minority as they didn't have wires and had to wire things up custom.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where exactly do the wires hang/ can i see them without taking the bumper or wheel well off so i can run out and look

·
Registered
609 Posts
If they are there they will be right behind the fog light bezels usually taped or ziptied to other wires or the body. If the wires are there, you should be able to see them without having to take the bumper off, but may have to remove the lower air deflector if it is still there.

To install the fog lights, simply remove the foglight delete bezels, install the fog light bezels, install the fog lights, and hook everything up. If the wires are there simply plug everything in, otherwise make up a harness (or potentially buy if you can find a H11 fog light harness on eBay or some other site but still that may require some modifications) per the instructions in that previous forum thread. The bumper does not need to be removed, and if it is like on my 2006 ZXW I didn't even need to jack the car off the ground to install them, had plenty of room for me to get under to install them (though I didn't need to jack the car off the ground to install the trailer hitch or to do oil changes either but I believe the wagons sit a little higher than the hatchbacks and sedans do).

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkI section to join like threads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts