Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this car up for $2000 with 160000 miles. It's in a very good condition aside from burning 1qt of oil every 500 miles. I will eventually drop a new engine in. I would like to put the SVT engine in but I'm not sure if it would fit properly. I am getting black headlights with white halos in the very near future. I also decided to buy the newer ST badges and replaced the one on the trunk and added one to the front. I would also like to get the new focus logo design and replace the older, less flashy, design. Any opinions on priority upgrades? It's almost completely stock. The images are from the post I found it on. Still looks the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Found another picture I took yesterday, might as well post it!
Check out my build thread "mini zx4 st" build....a few topics below this....

i did updated graphics on the trunk with a newer focus logo.....

for upgrades, definetly put an aftermarket air filter (Steeda or other..) really wakes it up...

17" rims are nice, and google the BSD (balance shaft delete...)

your oil consumption could be the pcv valve hose.....its a fairly common issue....

i love my 05....a big upgrade over the normal 2.0 focus....yours has 4 wheel disc, abs, might have traction control....and svt derived suspension...

i wouldnt swap to an svt though...its a completely different engine.....a lot of people swap in 2.5 fusion engines.....
Cheers

Paul

·
So mote be it
8,903 Posts
i wouldnt swap to an svt though...its a completely different engine.....a lot of people swap in 2.5 fusion engines.....
Cheers

Paul
I second this, either replace with another 2.3l or look at what goes into a getting the 2.5l together. duratects will be a direct swap (more or less) where as the 2.0l from the SVt would be completely different everywhere (the are mounted 180 the opposite direction for starters.)

Think of the SVT as mostly maxed out in its current form, whereas the 2.3l is really close to it performance wise but has the ability to out perform with some mods. The 2.3l has some nice tq and that gets even better in the 2.5

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found another picture I took yesterday, might as well post it!
Check out my build thread "mini zx4 st" build....a few topics below this....

i did updated graphics on the trunk with a newer focus logo.....

for upgrades, definetly put an aftermarket air filter (Steeda or other..) really wakes it up...

17" rims are nice, and google the BSD (balance shaft delete...)

your oil consumption could be the pcv valve hose.....its a fairly common issue....

i love my 05....a big upgrade over the normal 2.0 focus....yours has 4 wheel disc, abs, might have traction control....and svt derived suspension...

Cheers

Paul
The first post I saw on focus fanatics was your mini ST and it looks sweet! I'll look into a 2.5 engine too! I decided I want to install a set of coilovers to replace the current suspension. Thanks on the pcv valve aswell, I will look into that. I was thinking it would be going through the piston rings and that would be a very slow fix. My car already has an aftermarket air filter, not quite sure what brand because it's covered by a heat shield.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,346 Posts
The SAP was the best looking body kit. Looks better than a SVT imho. Sweet deal.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The first post I saw on focus fanatics was your mini ST and it looks sweet! I'll look into a 2.5 engine too! I decided I want to install a set of coilovers to replace the current suspension. Thanks on the pcv valve aswell, I will look into that. I was thinking it would be going through the piston rings and that would be a very slow fix. My car already has an aftermarket air filter, not quite sure what brand because it's covered by a heat shield.
Thanks...its a small work in progress...hence the "mini" in the title of my thread....i dont plan on doing a ton of huge mods....just basic fixing and bolt on stuff..

i picked up the 05 because it had a stiffer suspension (compared to the 06-07 ST's) and and abs, traction control were standard as opposed to optional on 06-07....i got lucky and found the SAP kit (fyi...SAP stands for Street appearance package offered on 06-07 focuses) on a parts car in the same colour and swapped it across....added some rims, ported throtttlebody, an aftermarket Steeda SRI and , and some subtle graphics....

I still plan to do the BSD Delete..and a few other things....but its coming along

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks...its a small work in progress...hence the "mini" in the title of my thread....i dont plan on doing a ton of huge mods....just basic fixing and bolt on stuff..

i picked up the 05 because it had a stiffer suspension (compared to the 06-07 ST's) and and abs, traction control were standard as opposed to optional on 06-07....i got lucky and found the SAP kit (fyi...SAP stands for Street appearance package offered on 06-07 focuses) on a parts car in the same colour and swapped it across....added some rims, ported throtttlebody, an aftermarket Steeda SRI and , and some subtle graphics....

I still plan to do the BSD Delete..and a few other things....but its coming along
I didnt really know a focus styled like this existed until I found somebody selling it. I am absolutely in love with the SAP body style. My 07 also has traction control but I dont really know how useful it is [hihi]

·
Registered
336 Posts
SVT engine would be a backwards move. Much more potential in your 2.3, or if you really want to do a swap, go 2.5 like previously mentioned.

Check your valve cover gasket, it could be leaking oil too.

I'd Balance Shaft Delete your 2.3 for starters

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Pass on the svt engine swap idea....Get a svt to start with if you want to do that. Sounds like you need to redo the motor or do a motor swap. Either way, do a bsd. For your suspension mods, best to swap out the spindles for '05 only ones as that opens the door for the more popular '00-'05 kits, vs the hard to find '06+ kits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SVT engine would be a backwards move. Much more potential in your 2.3, or if you really want to do a swap, go 2.5 like previously mentioned.

Check your valve cover gasket, it could be leaking oil too.

I'd Balance Shaft Delete your 2.3 for starters
Im not having issues with any leaking and the VCG was replaced about 1000 miles ago. If i rev the engine at a stand still I can see oil coming out of the exhaust. I ordered a PCV Valve, hoping it will fix or at least reduce the amount of oil this car chugs through. As for the BSD, it will defintely be a future plan aswell, im thinking about a month or so before I get that done. I will post more pictures here very soon too!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She hasn't had a good wash in a while, but hey, check em out!

Attachments

·
So mote be it
8,903 Posts
For your suspension mods, best to swap out the spindles for '05 only ones as that opens the door for the more popular '00-'05 kits, vs the hard to find '06+ kits.
If they are doing coilovers, i would just stick to the 06-07 setups. There are H&R, ST, KW, KSport options right off the shelf. Why bother with the trouble of swapping spindles if there are good options out there? If only doing springs, then I might agree there are more options for earlier cars but at that point, id just suggest Massive Omni-kit for convenience. [:)]

Also, So_Stormy you can swap to the larger SVT front brakes, 100% bolt on. All you need are the calipers, caliper brackets, and then choice of SVT spec pads/rotors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does anyone know of a grille that has no emblem? I am looking to delete the emblem to give the front end a cleaner look. I have done a bit of searching but have come upon nothing. I attempted to get emblem vinyls but when they arrived in the mail they were much too large.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,346 Posts
Does anyone know of a grille that has no emblem? I am looking to delete the emblem to give the front end a cleaner look. I have done a bit of searching but have come upon nothing. I attempted to get emblem vinyls but when they arrived in the mail they were much too large.
https://www.ecrater.com/p/15778137/ford-focus-2005-2007-mesh-grille?gps=1&id=115927741939&gclid=Cj0KCQjwi43oBRDBARIsAExSRQFazzGrok9-Ha_R9Nt4XNssUIPpXLiaap5TD6kvjQta3Jm5yUaeqFwaAjtgEALw_wcB Oops. Won't work with SAP I bet.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Nice day like that, the vehicle should be clean & detailed.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts