Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm New to the forum and wanted to run this buy you seasoned focus veterans..for the record, I never owned a focus. My primary car is an '06 Ranger. Anyways, a friend of my father in law is selling HIS Parents 2007 focus ST (manual) with 11,000 miles on it for $4,000. It's in showroom condition and loaded...
At first I thougt he meant 111,000 but it's Only 11,000. Unreal right?
They were in their 90's when they stopped driving it and BARELY drove it obviously. Garage kept always & They always changed the oil every year
(have paperwork on that) AND they had the coolant flushed and they replaced the battery last year. Anything I should look out for? I know a sitting low mileage car isn't always a good thing. How's the 2.3l engine? Is it Pretty durable? any input would be appreciated peeps.

·
So mote be it
8,889 Posts
yeah the car is solid, 07 was the last year they offered the focus with that 2.3l. Mechanically they should be pretty sound, they starting using the 2.3 in '03. They are essentially the same 2.3 used on the rangers. They use a timing chain, so no real worries there. Plenty of users are still driving them and have gone past 150k with out much more than basic maintenance. I would check for dry rot on anything rubber (hoses/tires/accessory belts/bushings etc) but otherwise you should be fine.

The price is good for the condition, you can see much higher mileage ones going for similar money. Potential issues is the clutch master going out (will leak on the pedal/floor area and brake fluid resivour will drain) and I had an issue with my alternator going around 50k (quick parts store battery test will tell you if you are in good shape.)

Bonus if its the Sport Appearance Package, they came with a nicer looking front/rear bumper and spoiler:

They are a nice little peppy/torquey car with the five speed. Responds well with an intake/exhaust/header/tune if you want some more pep out of it

·
Registered
101 Posts
That’s an awesome deal!! I’m excited you found it! Post lots of pictures and give us the skinny if you get it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies & advice I'll definitely post pics when I pick it up this week. Can't wait

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been driving this thing non stop since I bought it. Find it quite comfortable compared to my 06 ranger. I'm 6'4" 230lbs. and I wind the seat down to the floor and slide it all the way back and it's a comfortable ride. Nobody can sit behind me,thats for sure. Getting about 320 miles to the tank which is awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts