Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As demonstrated in this video
, my focus is unlocking itself. Even when both key fobs are out of range, or the key is in the ignition, the car will unlock itself. The car will stay locked if the car is turned on, but it will unlock once the car turns off. I have tried turning off the Autolock, but that did not help. How long it takes to unlock is seemingly random. Sometime it takes 10 minutes to unlock, sometimes it will unlock instantaneously after locking. The car will keep unlocking itself even if the car is already unlocked, which means the car is draining its battery all the time. Any suggestions to why this is happening and how to fix would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
my focus is unlocking itself. Even when both key fobs are out of range, or the key is in the ignition, the car will unlock itself. The car will stay locked if the car is turned on, but it will unlock once the car turns off. I have tried turning off the Autolock, but that did not help. How long it takes to unlock is seemingly random. Sometime it takes 10 minutes to unlock, sometimes it will unlock instantaneously after locking. The car will keep unlocking itself even if the car is already unlocked, which means the car is draining its battery all the time. Any suggestions to why this is happening and how to fix would be appreciated.
The door lock/unlock function is controlled by the GEM (Generic Electronic Module) which is located up behind the passenger side kick panel. The GEM itself could be faulty or there could be a wiring issue or switch fault. Id be curious to see if disconnecting both door lock switches at their connectors alleviates the problem. This video shows how to access the switches. It shows 00-04 but 05-07 is basically the same. Just unplug the door lock switches, dont unplug the window switches or remove anything else as they show. Let me know how you make out.
Good luck
Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts