Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 75,000+ miles my Focus engine really drones in the cockpit except at idle. Still gets 32-33 mpg highway. Did not do this when new. Also vibrates much more than when new. Used to be able to hear tranny gear whine but not now. Is there a fix for this?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Check your passenger side motor mount. If the mount is weak or bad it will make everything vibrate. I actually remove them from the car to look it over.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
At 75,000+ miles my Focus engine really drones in the cockpit except at idle. Still gets 32-33 mpg highway. Did not do this when new. Also vibrates much more than when new. Used to be able to hear tranny gear whine but not now.
Hey bechboy7,

You may want to bring it to the dealer for inspection. If the noise mainly occurs at certain speeds, let them know, as that might help with the diagnosis.

Have a great evening!

~Natasha

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took Focus into dealer for inspection w/o giving any diagnoses, just symptoms. Came back out with report: ordering new engine mounts! Thanks so much for the 2 rapid responses. Confidence restored. On the way to purchase 2012 Focus ST as soon as it arrives! Long live Ford Focii!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Took Focus into dealer for inspection w/o giving any diagnoses, just symptoms. Came back out with report: ordering new engine mounts! Thanks so much for the 2 rapid responses. Confidence restored. On the way to purchase 2012 Focus ST as soon as it arrives! Long live Ford Focii!
Awesome!! I'm thrilled everything worked out. Keep me posted on your future ST. [;)]

~Natasha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts