Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cruise control stopped working recently. Now the CC light turns on immediately once I turn on the ignition even without pressing the CC on button on the steering column and the light stays on but there is no CC functionality otherwise. Where is the mystery relay?

I have read a lot of places in this forum where people state that there is no relay for this. But I am totally convinced there is a relay! Why? When my CC was working I would hear a relay click somewhere when I turned the CC on/off using the button. Of course not that it isn't working properly I don't hear it click.

A little disclaimer here: about 2.5 years ago I sunk the car in fresh water in an unfortunate boat ramp accident. The car was 95% underwater for 10+ minutes and it took me about 3 weeks to get it roadworthy again. Hit me up if you need advice about what to do if you sink your vehicle (tip: disconnect the battery terminals ASAP).

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I don't know about a relay, but if you clearly heard it, then it must be under the dash. You probably would not hear a relay click under the hood. A/C clutch...yes, but not a relay.

There are two fuses relating to the speed control. One under the dash (#53) and one under the hood (#29). You might make sure both of those are good.

·
Registered
15,560 Posts
More likely you have broken the clockspring that carries cruise impulses from the switches, common. Any 'relay' won't work with no impulse to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts