Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Impossible to see, and doesnt' seem to fit the picture in the owners manual. Got the electrical connector off and then cannot feel, see, or do anything remotely like the pictures in the manual.

Suggestions on how to change the bulb without taking the whole headlight out? I will if I have to but wanted to see if anyone has any tips for working in the tight space.

Thanks.

Jay

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
There is a plastic ring that surrounds the electrical connector. Its job is to retain the light bulb and connector in place to the lights housing. It twists off (lefty loosy) and then the bult and connector can be removed from the housing. Its a bear though because there isn't a lot of room to work with unless you have tiny hands.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a plastic ring that surrounds the electrical connector. Its job is to retain the light bulb and connector in place to the lights housing. It twists off (lefty loosy) and then the bult and connector can be removed from the housing. Its a bear though because there isn't a lot of room to work with unless you have tiny hands.
The ring feels like a cylinder? I can stick my fingers in it and feel the connections. It's smooth on the outside? I'll have to try to twist it off (lefty) tomorrow. My hands aren't huge, but huge enough.

thanks.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
My '06 has the plastic ring/cylinder setup.....the '07 should be the same. And it was tight the first time I took it off. I had problems aligning the bulb when I went to reinstall the thing (it only goes in one way). You can actually see the bulb alignment tab through the headlight lens. Makes it easier.

Earlier models use a wire clip of sorts to hold the bulb.....never saw one though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts