Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own a 2007 Ford focus, I had my rear left wheel bearing go out and when I pulled the outer hub off and took the bearing off to look at it it just fell apart, I went to autozone' advanced auto parts, and oreillys who showed a straight roller bearing was needed, I brought the original part in and it had taper thrust bearings in it, I have had the same issue when calling a dealer and talking to their parts dept., I had to purchase a new hub from advanced with the bearing already in it, but when I put that on i had a very loud bearing noise still, I tried taking it back for another one and have the same problem, I am taking my car to the service dept since it is covered under warranty, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or might know what the problem is. I would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Your description is unusual. All the Foci with drums that I'm aware of, have a straight bearing that is an integral part (pressed into) the brake drum itself. When the bearing needs replacing, a new drum with a new bearing already installed doesn't cost much more than the bearing alone.

·
slow
1,734 Posts
Did you just do one side? And did you readjust the brake shoes? I've had an issue after swapping drums where the shoes continued to drag, making noise, even after readjusting them. I ended up replacing all the hardware (springs and pins) and it took care of all the noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts