Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I got home from work and then had to turn around and leave 20 minutes later. When I pulled out of the driveway I noted a big spot. I got out and checked it and it looked/tasted like water.

Then when I returned home later that night I looked under the car and it was leaking water from a couple different spots.

I haven't had the AC on and I don't even think I used the defrost.

I don't know if it's been doing this or if it's something that just started.

Should I be worried about this? I have no warning lights, no temp fluctuation or anything else.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
So today I got home from work and then had to turn around and leave 20 minutes later. When I pulled out of the driveway I noted a big spot. I got out and checked it and it looked/tasted like water.

Then when I returned home later that night I looked under the car and it was leaking water from a couple different spots.
Since it's leaking, you may want to have the dealer take a look just to make sure nothing major is going on. Let me know if I can help.

P.S. I'd be too scared to taste it. Glad it was just water! [80?] [:D]

~Natasha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last night I emailed the dealer where I purchased it (a Mazda dealership) and they said it was probably either condensation or rain water. I highly doubt this was rain water because it was only happening after I drive it and it hasn't rained in 2-3 days. I'm wondering if it's condensation from running the heater.

Anyway, they told me if it's just water I shouldn't worry about it. I'm going to try and test it by driving it with the heater off and see if it happens when I stop/park. Then I'll test it again with the heater on and see if it happens.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Last night I emailed the dealer where I purchased it (a Mazda dealership) and they said it was probably either condensation or rain water. I highly doubt this was rain water because it was only happening after I drive it and it hasn't rained in 2-3 days. I'm wondering if it's condensation from running the heater.

Anyway, they told me if it's just water I shouldn't worry about it. I'm going to try and test it by driving it with the heater off and see if it happens when I stop/park. Then I'll test it again with the heater on and see if it happens.
Well, hopefully it was just general condensation and doesn't occur again. [:)]

Best of luck!

~Natasha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts