Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2007 Ford Focus SE that I might buy. Car has 108K miles and drives great, but there's one problem:

At startup there is a major dashboard vibration for about 30 seconds. The vibration is quite noticeable and it's not normal. The vibration dies down over a few minutes of idling and then it goes away. Seller said he had the motor mounts replaced six months ago. Would this major dashboard vibration at startup indicate additional problems with the motor mounts? Thanks!

·
Registered
861 Posts
I found a 2007 Ford Focus SE that I might buy. Car has 108K miles and drives great, but there's one problem:

At startup there is a major dashboard vibration for about 30 seconds. The vibration is quite noticeable and it's not normal. The vibration dies down over a few minutes of idling and then it goes away. Seller said he had the motor mounts replaced six months ago. Would this major dashboard vibration at startup indicate additional problems with the motor mounts? Thanks!
Aftermarket mounts are junk. Replace the passenger side with a Motorcraft.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Exactly as stated above aftermarket mounts are no good. You may also have a bad transmission mount that would cause this vibration.

I had to replace all three on mine.

Good luck,
Allcruisen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts