Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm working on a 2007 Focus where the AC is not cooling the interior to a "comfortable" temperature. Does anyone know where I can find an AC pressure port chart for the 2007 Focus? I'm wondering if there is a problem with the AC, or if this is just a normal situation when operating the car in hot temperatures.

I used a manifold gauge on the AC system to get the pressure numbers:

Outside temp: 100 degrees F
Engine idle: 850 rpm
-----
STATIC READING/AC OFF
Low side reading: 97 psi
High side reading: 98 psi
-----
COLD ENGINE RUNNING
Low side reading: 42 psi
High side reading: 230 psi
Vent temp: 63 degrees F
-----
WARM ENGINE RUNNING
Low side reading: 48 psi
High side reading: 240 psi
Vent temp: 65 degrees F
=====
Outside temp: 85 degrees F
Engine speed: 2000 rpm
-----
COLD ENGINE RUNNING
Low side reading: 33 psi
High side reading: 280 psi
Vent temp: 68 degrees F

Some of the "generic" AC pressure port charts showed that the numbers above were normal.

I'd like to get the vent temp to around 55 degrees F. Any ideas on how I can get the vent temperature colder? Thanks...

·
Registered
980 Posts
How many miles on this Focus?

I have replaced the entire AC system in my 2002 Focus but I am not an AC expert. As I understand it AC systems work on both gas pressure drop as well as gas flow. Based on the low and high pressures you are seeing it would seem to me you probably have a gas flow issue due to a clogged orifice tube and possible a over filled condition as well. Clogged/blocked orifice tube seems to be a very common problem on these Focus systems. When I disassembled my system the orifice tube was almost completely clogged with debris from the old worn out compressor. I replaced the compressor, condensor, dryer, one hose, the orifice tube, as well as all o-ring seals and coupling springs. I then had the system recharged. On a 90F day my Focus gives me 42F vent air in recirc on fan speed 2.

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts