Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to by-pass ac compressor pully? Compressor is bad and no money to replace. Can I reroute shorter belt...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Is there a way to by-pass ac compressor pully? Compressor is bad and no money to replace. Can I reroute shorter belt...
With the AC off (and belt removed) can you turn the pulley?

More than likely your pulley bearing/hub is seized, not the compressor itself. That part can typically be replaced without removing/disconnecting the compressor. Not sure if this info helps.

Paul

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Pully won't turn with belt off
Pulley is only connected to the compressor shaft when the AC electric clutch is energized (AC on). Thats why I believe you have a seized pulley hub/bearing and not a seized compressor. Can you turn the clutch hub - the part on the very front of the assembly - which is only attached to the compressor shaft (may be tight but should turn)?

The pulley/hub/bearing is available seperately (as is just the bearing) and can be replaced without removing the compressor (or evacuating the system) but can but a bit of a PITA due to tight working conditions and sometimes the inner race of the bearing seizes to the compressor hub.

Sorry I know this doesnt solve your immediate problem.

Good luck
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts