Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Everyone,

Looking for the door handle actuator for a 2007 Focus, no power locks or windows.

Went to pull the handle and felt something in the door break loose, then heard pieces fall into the door.

I haven't pulled the door apart yet, so I don't know how bad it is, but it sounded like it was just by the door handle itself.

Where do I start looking for this part?

CH

·
Registered
890 Posts
This happens more than you know. Same thing happened to me. Had to go through the passenger side door to open up the driver door.... embarrassing to say the least.

I went straight to my local ford dealership for the part. I honestly don't remember the part number. I would suggest you contact Andy at Village Ford here and order it through him. You'll get a discount. If you can't wait, go to the dealership.

Otherwise, the repair is fairly simple and straightforward. I've attached a video that I used to do mine when I did it. I'm probably going to be doing this repair to the passenger side soon.... I just know it is going to snap very soon for some reason!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiTHE9lmbYc

Goodluck!

·
Registered
890 Posts
No problem! Glad to help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I finally buckled down and did it. Thanks for the reference video Gudziel!

It's a bit of a Rubik's cube, but it is doable.

·
Registered
17,179 Posts
The part begins to break when the latch assembly itself in back of door tightens up from lack of grease as it dries up from age. The extra effort to lift handle then breaks the reinforcement. The little tab that breaks off there.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Glad to be of help, cdrive. Happy you fixed it. Now you know if the others go. Good job!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts