Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stuck a obd2 scanner on the focus last night cuz for the past week or so its been idling a bit rough. 2007 Focus 4 Door, SES, D20. Its got 40k barely, so I'm screwed on the damn warranty.

The codes I got were...

p1509-Idle Control System Circuit Shorted
p0113-Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input
p0118-Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input
p1298-IDM Failure

Any ford techs that can tell me what these mean, and how much $$ it might be to fix them? Best part of all is I got laid off 2 weeks ago, and my first child is due this coming monday, 12-8. Peachy freakin keen time for car issues.[mecry]

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Well if the injector driver module is bad

it's going to cause it not to idle properly which may lead to the pcm thinking the iac is shorted

check for communication between the pcm and the idm

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that, you wouldn't happen to know how to test that do you? and where abouts is the driver?

thanks so much for any light shed on this.

jade

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
nitrotmann , im realy sorry to hear about the problems that you are going threw but out of all of it your going to have a kid soon so that alone is a gift from god. i also have a 07 ses and i know that the duratec motor has always had a rough idle, and with our motor beeing so loud like the fuel injectors, the knock sensor might be trying to fix the idle when there is nothing wrong with it. i have two jobs , one being a back-up cause of the economy right now. my part time job i work at dominos pizza beeing a driver and they pay dam good for only friday nights. i normaly bring home 80 in cash and 5.50 an hour every night. so you could alway try that to get you past for the time. i hope everything gets better for you .

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
After a system restore I'm finally able to get into my on-line manual - but now I don't have time before work to get all the codes. Here's one though - I'll try and sneak on for the rest.

PS: this is from my 08' manual

P0113 Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor 1 Circuit High
Description Indicates the sensor signal is greater than the self-test maximum. The IAT sensor maximum is 4.6 volts or -50°C (-58°F).

Possible Causes Open circuit in the harness
Sensor signal short to voltage
Damaged sensor
Incorrect harness connection

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
honestly i think the later codes are all caused by the first code...that happens a lot where one bad thing sets off a bunch of other sensors down the line...

or not necessarily the first code but one bad thing is setting off the others, in this case i think it is the IDM failure...

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
P0118 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor 1 Circuit High
Description Indicates the sensor signal is greater than the self-test maximum. The ECT sensor maximum is 4.6 volts or -50°C (-58°F).

Possible Causes Open circuit in the harness
Sensor signal short to voltage
Incorrect harness connection
Damaged sensor

And the other two codes do not appear in my 08' diagnostics list.

I found a list of codes on FocalJet and the same two codes are missing from that list also.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks hon, sorry about the wrong location. wicked...the idle isn't real bad, its just not smooth like it was. The tack is about 800 at idle i think, on line below 1000rpm. its a 5 speed and taking off in first needs a little feathering of the throttle/clutch occasionally. I'll try tracing the injector wires aswell. The car will still hit 105mph without much trouble, so I guess it isn't running too poorly. Just not as good as it was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts