Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys can anyone help? i am thinking to replace the Air filter cleaner Assembly on my 2007 Focus SE i know you have to remove the driver side wheel and stuff to get to it but does the factory 1 that is on there have a replacement filter ? probably not is my guess ? so i may have to purchase the Assembly for $270 that has a replaceable filter every 12000 miles ? seems like a pain

·
Registered
64 Posts
There are no replacement filters for the OEM air filter housing (it's completely sealed). I have a Chrome browser tab open on Rockauto (RA) for my 07 Focus and see they have an air filter housing in stock for $56 right now (and the air filter is replaceable). I have purchased one these from RA and Amazon and both worked well. Picked up filters from RA.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm going to be doing this same replacement on my 2007 SE. I'm planning to do a short ram air intake (SRI) for ~$40. There are lots of threads on here along with a few good Youtube videos on how to do it.

I'm delaying doing an SRI because I'm currently working through an idling issue and don't want to minimize the number of variables while troubleshooting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts