Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone love this forum! i just purchased a 2006 zx5 and i need to replace the drivers front marker light but i cant get to it it is virtually in accessible, my car has a air dam with the long verticle markers like this

please help....[:(!]

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I don't know where the light socket is on that marker light. But the stock marker light is also hard to get to. If you remove the air filter assy, it should be easy. I assume that's what's in the way.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
hmm...try removing the lower engine guard...it's the plastive cover under your car positioned at the front of the vehicle...and see if you can get to it that way. i know of my focus that's what i had to do to get to the side marker...but i also have a different style bumper than you.

however, i think that it's the same concept and you will be able to get to it by going in from the bottom.

congradulations on the purchase!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm...try removing the lower engine guard...it's the plastive cover under your car positioned at the front of the vehicle...and see if you can get to it that way. i know of my focus that's what i had to do to get to the side marker...but i also have a different style bumper than you.

however, i think that it's the same concept and you will be able to get to it by going in from the bottom.

congratulations on the purchase!
well i tried taking the cover off and i can only get one hand in there, wow thats tight how hard is it to take the air filter box assembly out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
took it back to the dealer since its still under warranty and the have to replace the socket assembly so i'll let them deal with it ....lol thanks anyway

1 - 6 of 6 Posts