Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 ZX5 was totaled and is waiting for the truck to pick it up, meanwhile we're getting a $5626 check for it.
I've got my fingers crossed on this car I've found. Its the 2006 Ford Focus ZX4 ST SAP CD Silver for 6995. Its 280mi away from me so I cant really go see it multiple times. I'm wondering with 105k mi what common problems i should be ready for. I'm prepared for the alternator because that went out on mine at about 125k, but what else, and is the 2.3 in that year reliable.
It has curb rash on all four wheels and two small dents in the driver side front fender which should help the price be talked down especially with it being 500-700 over what nada and kbb has it for.
What do u guys think?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think you know pretty much what most of us do - it's a good car. I'd have it checked out though. Condition is key. I've seen a lot of Focuses beat to crap.

Bob

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I'm guessing it's from a dealer? I love my st, I got it for 6250 and it had 69k miles. Nothing besides common car maintenance I would be worried about, the 23 has a timing chain not a belt, so it's supposed to last the life of the car. 280 miles is far to drive, I would honestly only drive that far for a total and complete cream puff

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
id have to call them first and figure stuff out but one thing looks wrong and i wouldnt go there

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I take it that its stock? 105 at $6995.00 sounds like a dealer. Have you checked online in the Seattle area?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts