Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to get the M-18000-ZX3B from Massive down the road, what are the best springs that can be ran with this or will my stockers suffice? Vehicle is a 2006 Ford Focus ZX3. Thanks in advance.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Yea, you can use your oem springs, I'd get a set of the '06+ springs to use w/ those dampers.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Thank you, so I will just use my exisiting springs? Vehicle has about 34k.
Heres a great chance to lower your car. I'd look around for a set of springs that'll lower your car 1.5''.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Frpp springs are m-5560-zx3b or zxm1. The zx3b aren't made any more, but you can still find them occasionally

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I got mine from massive/ebay. They were from massive but listed on e-bay.

Im planning to install my rears tomorrow, ill post before and after images.

I just put new tires on my stock 15" steelies (215/60/15).... wish me luck [80?]

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got mine from massive/ebay. They were from massive but listed on e-bay.

Im planning to install my rears tomorrow, ill post before and after images.

I just put new tires on my stock 15" steelies (215/60/15).... wish me luck [80?]
Sounds like a plan, good luck. I will be running mine with my 15" snowflakes, wouldn't give up those wheels for the world lol.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Sounds like a plan, good luck. I will be running mine with my 15" snowflakes, wouldn't give up those wheels for the world lol.
15s are cheap and so far after doing the front struts and springs with these new tires it rides like a Cadillac

Wish i would of went with 205/60/15s though after the drop its a bit closer then i thought it would be.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
15s are cheap and so far after doing the front struts and springs with these new tires it rides like a Cadillac

Wish i would of went with 205/60/15s though after the drop its a bit closer then i thought it would be.
You wouldn't want to go w/ 60 series tires, Ronnie.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
You wouldn't want to go w/ 60 series tires, Ronnie.
To late i already got em and they are on the car now, ill post a picture when the weather clears up a little here.

Ill admit they were better with the stock ride hight, but once i dropped it with the 2006 zx3 m-18000-zx3b kit it lowered the car a bit more then i would of liked.

I went with the 215/60/15 to gain the most tire cushion. It was super soft before i added the 2006 zx3 m-18000-zx3b kit that just firmed everything back up.

When i say back up i was running 215/45/17 and stock suspension it felt pretty firm because of the tires. Now im running a softer tire but a firmer suspension.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Does this suspension kit need any extra parts with it? like the omni kit or anything i think ive already blow out one of the front struts.

I hit a big transition on the road a few weeks back and my car hasnt been the same since. The transition where the road meets a bridge. The road has dropped causing a deep step. It fully compressed the suspension going about 70 now i hear metal rubbing from time to time on big bumps.

I havnt had a chance to get under it and look but it feels and looks lower on the left front now. The front looks lower then the rear like maybe im missing a spacer or the omni kit or something to raise the front a little?

Maybe i need to add a spring seat on the front?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
If thats the earlier smaller diameter struts, you would'nt be installing those, as theres to much slop w/o the shims or sleeves of the omni kit.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
If thats the earlier smaller diameter struts, you would'nt be installing those, as theres to much slop w/o the shims or sleeves of the omni kit.
Where is the slop? At the top shaft bolt/nut or at the bottom?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Omni Kit is a pair of sleeves to let smaller diameter struts for earlier years ('05 + before) fit later cars ('06-'11).

You would have known when installed in October if they didn't fit in the knuckles.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
If the shock kit is still avail., those should work with it.

Better than using them with stock shocks for sure.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts