Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my 06 Focus about 3 months ago, and at the time it had hail damage and I have since repaired the damage!

Now my goals have changed for the ZX3, I do alot of shooting and hunting on gravel roads that tend to be quite rough, and very uneven! After driving the zx3 on these roads for the past 2 months I have noticed with the smaller side walled tires I tend to scrap the wheels when I hit the hard stuff off road and the smaller side walls also do not soak up much of the rough stuff larger sidewalls would. And the street tires do not grip anything when going up the hills!!

So here is my idea...Kinda like a VW baja build!!
I found some 195/75/14 BFG A/T's and 14" wheels to put them on, compared to the 195/60/15 tires I have on the vehicle now they are only 1.2" larger in diameter, but that also gives me another 1.2" in sidewall!! And a good off road tread!
So can these tires fit?! Has anyone tried something this size?
Also down the road I would like to put a set off coilovers on the ZX3 at the highest setting to get a little extra clearance!

Thanks in advance!

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
measure an increase of 1.2" on top of your current setup and see where that puts you. '06 and '07 sit pretty high from the factory. I'd say they will fit for most driving but will you rub on those big off road bumps, probably. Will it be detrimental to the car, probably not a big deal... just my opinion, ive never ran that tall of a tire.

I have ran a taller 205.55.16 tire with a lowered suspension in the winter and didnt really have any issues. Your speedo will be off though but thats not that big of a deal if you are fine with it. It will probably be a trade off of not handling well on normal roads but better off road

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
^^^^ yup, no stock 14's after '04.

Don't know if they will fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts