Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a major service on my 06 ST. I had asked for a new PCV valve and the local shop said it was a major service. They quoted me like $275.00 just for the PCV valve. They said the manifold had to be removed to get at it, it needed an air hose, new gasket, yada, yada, yada. Anyone have any input on this?

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
just removing the manifold took about 1.5hrs on my car when i did it in my driveway, its more of a project than you think

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
How many miles are on your 06? what are the symptoms of this valve going bad?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing wrong really. My ST is coming up on 75K and I thought doing the PCV would keep me ahead of the curve. From what I've gotten here for responses and other input I just might not touch it at this point as the car is running fine.

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
Yes to get at it easily you need to take the intake off, you can do it with a nice long pair of needle nose pliers but it is a PITA.

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
I went to ford with my friends 08 for the pcv and they didn't remove the manifold they used pliers with a 90* on it. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2006 ST PCV Valve Epilogue.

Thanks to all who responded to my request for PCV valve help. I made nice with the local repair station after I found out the PCV valve was indeed hidden from easy replacement. I also found out that my local Lincoln dealer will do the change for $70.00. It's still a wonder to me why Ford would place the PCV valve in such a difficult place to service. Again thanks to all who helped me out with their respo[thumb][thumb]nses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
could u please elaborate on that part about the needle nose. my pcv valve hose is cracked and I dont have the money to take of the manifold by a dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts