Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rat or similar vermin ate through about 14 wires in the large wiring harness on the top drivers side of the engine compartment that leads to the headlights. I have everything reconnected except three identical green wires with 2 red stripes. There is also at least one other wire with the same coloring that wasn't chewed through. All the lights/blinkers are working except the drivers side dim light. Can anyone tell me how to connect these three wires....and if I have to determine which wire goes where, or I can connect in any order?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
A rat or similar vermin ate through about 14 wires in the large wiring harness on the top drivers side of the engine compartment that leads to the headlights. I have everything reconnected except three identical green wires with 2 red stripes. There is also at least one other wire with the same coloring that wasn't chewed through. All the lights/blinkers are working except the drivers side dim light. Can anyone tell me how to connect these three wires....and if I have to determine which wire goes where, or I can connect in any order?
Thanks
1. Your 2006 is a MK1 (or what FF calls a MK1.5) not a MK2. You posted in the wrong section.:(
2. Wires dont have two stripes - only one >> ie Green with a Red stripe = GRN/RED.
3. Can you take some more pics that show which harness you are talking about and where those wires are under the hood.
Left side low beam is a GRN/RED wire. The problem is Ford (and most other mfrs) does not show wiring by harness only by function.

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Your 2006 is a MK1 (or what FF calls a MK1.5) not a MK2. You posted in the wrong section.:(
2. Wires dont have two stripes - only one >> ie Green with a Red stripe = GRN/RED.
3. Can you take some more pics that show which harness you are talking about and where those wires are under the hood.
Left side low beam is a GRN/RED wire. The problem is Ford (and most other mfrs) does not show wiring by harness only by function.

Paul
Thanks for the response. Apologies for the wrong posting (my Mom's car, not overly familiar). It is the large harness beside the battery, over the drivers side wheel well. I have all the lights working now, so I have no clue where these go or how to connect them. Three GRN/RD wires are cut, and appears to be 2 more in the bundle that are intact. Damn rat also bit into the reservoir return line!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Three GRN/RD wires are cut, and appears to be 2 more in the bundle that are intact.
So do you have six GRN/RED wire 'ends' in that harness?

Car starts/runs and no lights in the instrument cluster on?

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul, thanks for the continued help. I put on 2 pair of reading glasses and got a strong light, turns out there are only three GRN/RED wires, two of which are cut. The others were GRN/ORANGE, so I connected the one severed GRN/ORANGE. So now all I have left are the two severed GRN/RED wires.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Forgot to answer, no there aren't any lights in the instrument cluster on.
Since everything works perhaps you just want to tape off the bare ends and leave them as is. Sometime there are wires in a harness that for a specific model with a specific combination of accessories those wire are not used.

Good luck
Paul

Reactions: beretta96
1 - 7 of 7 Posts