Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE SEARCHED FOR LOWERING A 2006 FOCUS, AND AM STILL CONFUSED. I SURE HATE THE WAY FORD CHANGES THINGS. I MISS MY MUSTANG. SO MANY MORE SUSPENSION COMPANIES.

Well, I read the post on suspension.

Is it to my understanding, the rear shocks, and springs are interchangeable on the 2000-2006 focus?

Now, the front is screwed up right. Correct me if I am wrong, but if I were to install a 2005 spindle, I could use any suspension system, with shocks and springs? This is my understanding, as these parts changed on the different year models. However, if this is the case why does the 2006 focus have specially designed shocks. I thought that the spindle had different hole sizes, that require different shocks. If this is the case, then why will a 2005 or earlier sping not fit on the strut perch of a 2006 strut? Assuming, the spindle holes are the hold up. Unless, the 2006 struts just have smaller perches to accomodate the springs.

What is so hard about drilling a different hole size in a strut mounting point, and making a smaller spring with the equlivant spring rate of some lowering kits already on the market. It should be pretty easy for the suspension companies. Come on the 2006's have been out about a year, and so far all I have heard fo is eibach and steeda with lowering springs.....but what about shocks and struts???

Has anyone actually tried to install a 2005 or earlier suspension on their 2006 focus? If so what were the problems encountered with the install. What specific parts did not work? ie, shocks did not bolt up , or springs did not fit.

Any knowledge would be very helpful..

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts