Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
What is included in the Street Appearance Package?

·
Registered
690 Posts
I like how the silver sedan looks in the first pic. I wouldn't mind trading in my 01 Focus for the new 06 w/ the street apperance package.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like the yellow. However, it is a little too "look at me!" for my tastes.

Over 40 years ago, my dad had a Plymouth much like my "flaming Christine" photo you see to the left. Anyway, he took it to one of those $39.95 paint shops and the one of the painters said they had a special that week on "Camellia". My dad didn't know what Camellia was, but he'd save a couple bucks so he told the painter to go ahead with the special.

Of course, the next day he picked up his car and it was painted Camellia -- pink! Oh,well, a pink car, he thought and drove off. I am not like my father. I couldn't drive a pink car. I'd use spray cans to change it to primer grey before I'd be seen in anything lighter than a nice non-metrosexual medium red.

But I like the yellow. Maybe if I had a teenage daughter I'd buy her a car in that color and borrow it every now and then.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
If only they would offer more horsepower/torque with that package instead of having it 'look' fast[rolleyes]

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
ZX3_Chick said:
If only they would offer more horsepower/torque with that package instead of having it 'look' fast[rolleyes]
So they don't Ashley? Forget it then................but they are nice looking.[:D] [:)~]

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Reminds me of the Mitsu mirage with the wing. Totally POS car with this overly pronounced wing and nothing (in the case of the mirage) to back up the looks. I understand that there are people out there that just want to look cool but IMO it's posing. I want an ST actually but I'd have to skip the street appearance package. So when do you thing that Ford will start painting standard Foci in competition orange [;)]

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I can't wait to see what ford asks for the rice package.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That would be a laugh if Ford actually called it the "Rice Appearance Package". Maybe there could even be kanji lettering decals that on the fender says "DOMESTIC" in Japanese. "<i>Check out the factory Tokyo Drifter Wing on my 06 ST. Major rice action!</i>"

Jeff says, "<i>Too bad they aren't making the Focus in Hermosillo anymore. Then it would be 'The Rice and Beans' package..</i>"

I don't get it, but he thinks its funny.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dont give up hope yet! Half a year in they can offer a special limited like the MACH version of the SE riding around in NY. It had the HID package in 2002. Ford may slap a power adder on mid -run of the 06. They are notorious for that crap! P.S> if anyone knows of any spacial editions like the MACH focus in 2001-2.Please let eveyone know, i will.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah it would be nice if they gave us more power. To bad the new focus is still on the old platform. If it was on the new one maybe they could offer the drive line from the T5[}:)], or could they manage to make that fit in the current platform[:)~] [???:)]

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
trixwagen said:
I am not like my father. I couldn't drive a pink car.
There's a girl living around here somewhere that has a pink ZX3. Know what- It looks great. I chuckle every time I see it, and I applaud her courage. But honestly, it looks just great!

The 06's are very nice also.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I really like it, and thank god they didn't change anything, so that means they're giving the 05 models another shot, with the same appearance plus an appearance option. That means that once the 06s come in, they companys making body kits, should put them about. Well, since now there's more than 1 year that would fit them..

·
Registered
184 Posts
My crystal ball says there won't be any major changes in 2007, either. That's good, sort of. We Americans deserve the Euro platform at least by 2008.

While we're talking about changes, here's the changes for the 2006 model year:

Say adios to these colors
Sangria Red
Arizona Beige
Egg Yolk Yellow (yeah, I mentioned this before)
Blazing Copper (!)
French Blue

Say welcome to these colors
Dark Toreador Red
Pueblo Gold
Screaming Yellow

CD/MP3 player now standard
Two Street Appearance Packages Available (no duh)
Rear seat climate control ducts deleted (...passing the savings onto you! You cold back there?)
Overhead console on SE deleted
...some other stuff, but it's pretty minor..

·
Registered
184 Posts
DrkKnight614 said:
^^^it seems that they are deleting more things then improving on things.....hmm.

Seems to be a trend with the Focus. Maybe by 2007...um...I can't think of anything else that could be removed...cupholders? The powerpoint? The visor vanity mirrors?? Stay tuned.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts