Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
already changed passenger side motor mount--but I have an intermittant "cricket" sounding vibration coming from passenger side dash area--drives me nuts--so do you guys know a good therapist for ocd...just kidding.

Do I need to do the other 2 motor mounts--there really is no more vibration just this freaking cricket.
Oh and I do have a lot of passenger side rear wheel noise maybe tire or bearing but noise doesn't really change when loaded--probably will do drums/bearing rear brakes soon

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,589 Posts
Do you get the "cricket" noise only when cabin blower is running? If so, then you need to lube the bearings in the motor.

As for the other two motor mounts, have you examined them? You can't always tell by looking at them, but that is the first thing to do.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
^^^that was my "cricket", repaired as described.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you get the "cricket" noise only when cabin blower is running? If so, then you need to lube the bearings in the motor.

As for the other two motor mounts, have you examined them? You can't always tell by looking at them, but that is the first thing to do.
It's not constant and cabin blower can be on or off--it is mostly on acceleration but not 100% consistant
when I try and make it happen to listen-- it seems to be coming from near glove compartment

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Yeah, rear wheel bearings do go bad on these cars. Lift the back up and spin and wiggle each tire; sometimes you tell by doing that.

Any one of the accessories on the serp belt can do the cricket sound.

Pet hamster wheel?

Actual South Florida "gangsta crickets"? -asking you for a ride back to Okeechobee?

·
Registered
4 Posts
intermittant "cricket" sounding vibration coming from passenger side dash area--drives me nuts--
Open the hood. But instead of using the prop rod to hold it up, remove the rod from the vehicle and close the hood. If it's clean, just toss it in the back of the car. Then drive like you normally do and see if your cricket disappears. When removing the rod, you'll notice that one end is held firmly in place by a retainer clip while the pivot end is just loosely hooked through a hole in the sheet-metal. This was the source of my noise until I attached foam rubber under the rod end with some double faced tape.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
There's originally a plastic grommet holding the pivot end of the hood prop rod, they eventually break & disappear. Soft clearish plastic to start, yellows with age.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts