Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... i decided to take pictures of my focus after a few modifications... i know its dirty... its been outside the past 2 nights and ill give it a nice washing tomorrow... but this gives you a good idea of the car itself.

here are the before pictures..

and here are the AFTER pictures

It may not look like much has changed but i put in the chrome tail pipe (ordering a bigger one later this week), i changed out the tail lights, i painted my brake calipers blue, and i changed out my headlight lights with sylvania silverstars (the brightest you can get), and i put the decals on my car. I am in the proces of wiring a 6" neon tube under the dashboard on both the driver side and the passenger side, then i am puting a 12" in the trunk.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
the calipers seem alittle too light for my tastes. you should also get the silvania silver star turn signal bulbs also. they look blue in the daytime, but then glow really bright dark amber.

·
Registered
583 Posts
um, looks nice... i just dont like the taillights color light/sky blue and the decals. since I own a sedan I actually like sedans now over HB's ::sigh:: looks good...N e Way

·
Registered
489 Posts
Nice decal.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think everything is coming along nicely. The tint looks good and I like the decals. The tail lights, that's based on what you like. If it had been me, since you have a black car, I would have tinted the stockers and the same goes with the side turn signals on the front, tint or clear, no amber! Also I recently put the silverstar turnsignal bulbs in the front and it made a drastic difference! Other then that maybe get rid of the chrome grill (unless you really like it) and put in the black grill from the ST. Most of that is easy and pretty cheap to do. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The black grill really seems like a good idea. Ill look into pricing that out... I like the tail lights cause they stand out more and the red was overkill on the black. Can i see a picture of the silverstar turn signal bulbs for the front? I read about it and i want to see what it looks like.

For the side markers... i hate the amber or orange color they are. I ordered 2 different kinds that were clear but they didnt fit (the websites claimed the fit the 2006 models but it didnt)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hmm, let me put some decent clothes on and run out and get a pic (no laughing at dirty car!! lol) before it rains...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright bro, thanks. Im in school right now but ill check back when i get home....

is it possible to remove the ford emblem off the front grill? or would i have to paint over it?

i see you live in orlando, what part? Im in the lake mary/heathrow area.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Alright, ran out and got the pics, it had started raining but you'll get the idea. The bulbs ran me $10 at Advance Auto, they were on sale.

and a close-up...

As far as a black grille goes it will run you $60.36 + shipping at fordparts.com. I suppose you could remove the oval off the front but it will leave a hole in the grille where it was suppsoed to be so I don't think that would happen.

And I live in the Millenna area, but am moving to Lake Buena Vista in a few weeks to be closer to work.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i didnt see the grill on fordparts.... but the car looks great, maybe paint the headlights

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
If you can paint the inside of the headlamps, and paint your grille black, that would look awesome.

Also to mask the unwanted appearance of the tail-lamps. (if you agree with the other members)
I'd suggest laying down 3 layers of VHT niteshade. (found at massivespeedsystem or ebay)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Couldn't find the grille either on Fordpart.com, but the car is looking nice.

·
Registered
580 Posts
^^^ No they are not illegal, they light up amber when illuminated, so at night or when they are on they look like your OEM bulbs.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
heres a pic of my car with the silverstar turn signals...

i just dealt with fordparts.com, they are really helpful, i would recommend calling them and finding out over the phone what part you need, then buy it online.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Can u help me out? I want to get the same bulbs, are they a specific size or something? How do i know wich ones are the right ones?

·
Registered
580 Posts
The correct size for the Focus front turn signal will be 3157A ... at least for 05+ models, I'm not sure about the others.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts