Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've a slight problem with my clutch pedal. What it is is that in the morning the biting point is instant due to the pedal dropping down but over time the pedal rises back to it's normal position about 15 miles of urban driving. I've had a quick look and found the return spring is ok, the fluid level is ok and the clutch isn't slipping but what I did find was another spring that seems to have burst out of cream coloured plastic housing. See the attached picture, does anyone know what this does?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hello all,

I've a slight problem with my clutch pedal. What it is is that in the morning the biting point is instant due to the pedal dropping down but over time the pedal rises back to it's normal position about 15 miles of urban driving. I've had a quick look and found the return spring is ok, the fluid level is ok and the clutch isn't slipping but what I did find was another spring that seems to have burst out of cream coloured plastic housing. See the attached picture, does anyone know what this does?

Hi willwoll100,

Your picture is not showing, but if you are unable to determine what the spring does, and where it goes, I suggest contacting your local dealer so they can help. They are fully trained and will be in the best position to diagnose it. Best of luck!

~Natasha

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
The symptom sounds like a return spring issue (or a master on it's last legs), so I'd check the "obvious" first & get that spring repaired.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts