Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to the focus world and just bought a 06 focus se zx4. I been driving it lately and this only happened once so far but, when I was driving my o/d had disengaged and the light was blinking on and off. So I had pulled over turned the car off and then back on and no problem so far. I have had my mechanic drive the car and it seems at around 35-40 mph the shudders or I feel a vibration and it happens every now and then.

So far I have changed the trans fluid and filter because the trans was slipping thinking it would make a difference which it did but, still has the vibration.

I also have replaced the passenger side hub bearing and made sure the axle nut was torqued at 233 ft lb which I found in here before I did it.

So just trying to get some opinions.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech. Chat.

Welcome to FF

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also own a 2006 ZX4 and had a similar issue last year. It turned out that one of my rear tires had an internal steel belt starting to separate and that was causing the vibration/shudder. Try moving the tires around to see if the vibration moves along with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Sailor. And alright I'll see it that's it. I had just replaced the front two tires maybe one isn't balanced correctly?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also own a 2006 ZX4 and had a similar issue last year. It turned out that one of my rear tires had an internal steel belt starting to separate and that was causing the vibration/shudder. Try moving the tires around to see if the vibration moves along with it.

You think it could maybe be from getting my two front tires replaced and them not being balanced right?

·
Registered
17,156 Posts
I don't balance my tires AT ALL. The car drives pretty much fine.

Trans slipping and vibration are two totally different things, you need to detail that better. OD going off, slipping, and light blinking are signs of a possible trans problem. Vibration could easily be a passenger side engine mount and what they do when bad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't balance my tires AT ALL. The car drives pretty much fine.

Trans slipping and vibration are two totally different things, you need to detail that better. OD going off, slipping, and light blinking are signs of a possible trans problem. Vibration could easily be a passenger side engine mount and what they do when bad.

I see well the whole OD going off and light flashing happen once. So I did a filter and trans fluid change yesterday. Found out the fluid and filter has not been changed since it came out of factory. Fluid was dark brownish red and filter was rough. But, no clumps of metallic flakes or anything in pan. So im guessing the motor mount has to be changed then. Thanks will talk to my mechanic today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts