Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.....I have been reading the forum for a while hoping to find an answer that will help me solve a problem with my window master switch.I first had problem with a flat battery every so often,which turned out to be an ignition switch..when I got that sorted..the windows gave me problems.I couldn't open any of the windows from the drivers side master switch.At first it was drivers window..the passenger,and tehn both back windows..all other windows will open on their own swutch.I read about resetting the switch after battery removal...I did that,but with no luck.The thing is the switch would open the windows during the summer,when the weather was very hot.The car is a 206 lx focus...I am hoping to take the switch out to see if I can see a problem,and thats what I am looking for help with...I don't see screws,so I presume[maybe wrong]that it can be popped out? The type of switch is below in the picture.Thanks for reading.....Jim.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to remove and open-up the master switch assembly. Once inside it, use some sandpaper in-between the electrical contacts. Fixed mine.

Yours is a newer design, so I'm unsure if you can do the same.

A little too wordy, but here's the thread with a few pics->
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398850
That was detailed..very good Marde.I have no screws,I am thinking the black part above mine should pop out.I am hoping anyway.I have searched around,and come across lots of information on lots,but not my kind of switch...I thinl its time too try something....;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have posted this again..I had to use a new username because I couldn't get my password to work..the one I used for original post....I can manage to get the bottom of..I can see the switch connector,but don't know how to proceed?
Sorry for any confusion!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts