Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 with the 2.0L engine. The heat did not blow real hot so I did the odometer test mode which read a max of 70C and did not appear to cycle the temp up / down indicating the thermostat opening and closing. I replaced the thermostat and now I have great heat! However, running the odometer test mode, now I read up to 108 C and the temperature does still not cycle the temp up and down. The outside air temp was cold, at 30 F. Is 108 C on the CHT sensor cause for concern? The temp gage on the dash is reading near center before and after thermostat change.

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,589 Posts
No problem with 108 C (226 F). That is normal for these engines. Gauge is usually straight up.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
You wouldn't want to see any "cycling" of the temps., it's showing CHT (cylinder head temp) and the objective is to keep that as stable as possible.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. The hose going to the thermostat is cool to the touch, the other hose is hot when engine is at temp. I guess the when the stat opens it pulls coolant from radiator into engine. Is this correct flow direction or vise versa?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Yeah, that's what the diagram shows.

Small hose there is always flowing, and the radiator returns that way when needed. Both go from there to the water pump for distribution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts