Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I haven't been here in a while (no longer have my SVT), but my father inlaw drives a 2005 Focus ZX4 (plain jane) and the other week he had the wheel bearings replaced and thought everything was fine. However........the car now makes a noise on the front driver side wheel that sounds like as if he just bought a new tire and the sticker was left on the tire. You guys know what I'm talking about...it's that of flapping paper on ther road. I really don't know if the bearing went bad because I thought if a bearing went bad, it made a much worse "metal" sound of grinding. I know it's not any of the drive axles (i know that much at least), but I really don't know much about beaings and stuff like that. So, I am really asking for some words of wisdom here. Does anybody know what the hell is making that noise now?

I apprecaite any feedback you can give.[thumb]

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Well the last time I heard a strange noise coming from my wheel well my strut was tweeked. Probly not the same thing but you might want to check it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
well, i don't exactly know what kind of noise you are talking about but i have a noise coming from one of my front wheels. i have found the problem and will fix it tomorrow.

on my car, it's the rotar....i don't think it was placed on straight...like i think it was tweaked to the side a bit

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MAVE: Thanks for the input...I appreciate it. I will suggest to him to have it looked at.

levin.matthew: Thank you for your suggestion as well. I don't know if the rotor was warped or damaged, but I will ask him.
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

I don't know exactly how to describe that noise, but I do know it is freaking annoying. Do you know what type of noise the car would make if a bearing was bad?

Thanks again guys!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts