Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive done a little searching but im wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on installing an air intake on my g/f's 2005 zx4. Apparently this thing has some crazy 100K air filter on it and i just dont like that idea. Ive seen some metal tubing at Advance Auto but i dont know what size to use or where i should run it or if i could even get it towards the grille to get cold air. Any suggestions would help. Thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
From what I've seen in other posts, modding the intake on that model car will give the dealership an excuse to void the powertrain warranty. [:(]

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
You might want to read this:

http://www.visteon.com/utils/whitepapers/2005_01_1139.pdf

Before messing with your girlfriend's car. Unless she is looking for increased performance, it would probably be an unwise move on your part, as at some point down the road the modification may cause a problem or complicate warranty work.

Seriously, understand what your GF wants in a car, not what you want in a car. If her desire is trouble free transportation, taking that longlife filer off is a very bad idea. OTOH, if she wants to hop up the car to get more HP, then go for it... but you'll need to do a lot more than just replacing the filter and intake.

But it's her car... make sure you are addressing her needs, not yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts