Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't find this on forum search, thought it was interesting. I've been reading about the problems people are having with the factory 6disc cd player, is the Sony headunit used in the Audiophile upgrade the one with the probs or is it some other maker? The Ford website says the high end 6disc is Sony but says nothing about the mid-range upgrade to a 6disc. Anyway, good read.

Top 10 Sound Systems

·
Registered
262 Posts
I heard that Delphi makes the 05 up 6 disc changers. Myself, I think they have weird problems. I had one in my 05 and now in my 06. They change tracks in the middle of a song, spit out new discs, giver error codes, etc. I have had two cars with the Sony Audiophile system and I always swap out the factory HU. I bought a Sony CDX-F7715X that is much better and it has a moving display. Ford should put a Sony HU in the dash with a Sony Audiophile System! The HU on the Delphi website looks like the one that comes in the Focus though. ( Many Ford products use this HU ) No info at all on the HU from Delphi or Ford when I asked. My local Ford parts man told me that Ford gives out VERY LITTLE info on the HU's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts