Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK..I'm a newbie and have some questions.

First is regarding a steering wheel swap in my 2005 ZX3 SE. First off I have cruise control and want to retain it. Could I swap in a Mustang (with cruise controls) steering wheel? Are there any other steering wheels that I could swap in and still retain my cruise? How about a Mazda wheel?
Second, can I swap heated seats from an ST or SES (I believe the SES had a heated seat option) into my ZX3SE and still have the heat work? Does the ZX3SE have the wiring for the seats already in the car? Also, what about the on/off buttons in the center console for the heated seats? Where could I get a center console with the cut outs for the buttons? I think an ST/SES (with the heated seat option) would be a direct replacement. Am I right?

BTW....I've seen the phrase "SAP" in several places and wonder what it means.

[ffrocks]

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I think you would have to wire up the seats, but they should work. I have no idea about the steering wheel thing. SAP stands for street appearance package. It was offered as an exterior upgrade between 05-07. Its a different front, rear bumper, and spoiler. A lot of ST foci have the SAP upgrade.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
The heated seat thing......it can be done on any car, but with a lot of trouble for what you get. The heated elements just go under your stock seat covers....you make a new wire harness with new switches and relays.

Personally I hate the things. They're the first thing I turn off if I get in a car that has them. Not to mention.....they're a safety hazard, can melt seat covers, and even cause a fire. [rant]

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Im not too sure the steering wheel swap will work- if you can find one cheap enough give it a shot but Im thinking there would at least be wiring issues with the different airbags?

The SVT focus wheel, on the other hand, looks nice and is a direct swap without needing to rewire or delete your controls. theres usually one or two on ebay

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will the ST street apperance package fit on ZX3SE? Is there a major difference in the appearance of the front and rear bumpers between the ST and ZX3 SE?

·
Registered
744 Posts
The front bumper will fit only if your car is a 05 - 07.. rear bumper won't fit and the spoiler is sedan specific

1 - 6 of 6 Posts