Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question concerning the transmission type in the 2005 ST ZX4. Is this tranmission the same MTX75 transmission that was in the 00-04 Zetec Foci (I'm aware there was a change in the '02 trannies). I would like to know if they share the same transmission because I am looking at short throw shifters for my ST but none of the ones I have found mention whether or not the will fit the 05 ST. [???:)]

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I have found no proof that we have the MTX 75 tranny. The content label that came with my car said the transmision was made in Germany. I thought that the MTX 75 was made in America... so I am doubting we have the MTX 75. Also, this transmission is MUCH quieter and smoother shifting than my 2003 focus that did have the MTX 75

·
Registered
345 Posts
vanace said:
I have found no proof that we have the MTX 75 tranny. The content label that came with my car said the transmision was made in Germany. I thought that the MTX 75 was made in America... so I am doubting we have the MTX 75. Also, this transmission is MUCH quieter and smoother shifting than my 2003 focus that did have the MTX 75
It's the MTX 75.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
It's a slightly altered MTX-75 from what I've heard, they might've engineered some of the NVH out of it from the Zetec? But I remember reading from Ford that it still used that tranny.

But StreetGlow, any short-throw that's specified for the 2002.5+ fit your car, like mentioned above. A few 05 owners have installed it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Try looking at the Steeda tri-ax shifter, I hear that they are really good.

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
you can use ANY of the STS's that are available for the 03 and up

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hey, I know that the issue about the STS has been resolved, but since the main idea about this thread is about the ST's tranny, would it be wise on my person (if I had the patience) to swap my auto tranny for a manual tranny from a trashed 05 st?

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
I think the bolt pattern may be different for the 2.3 then the 2.0.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Domesticated Focus said:
Hey, I know that the issue about the STS has been resolved, but since the main idea about this thread is about the ST's tranny, would it be wise on my person (if I had the patience) to swap my auto tranny for a manual tranny from a trashed 05 st?

nope, unless you got the greens and the patience and the skill and knowledge. Your best bet is to trade your car in and get an mtx if thats what you wanted to do.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well, I don't know much about car ownership and trade-in (this is my first car), but would it be a tad too late to trade in my car for free (such a cursed word that is praised my many, if not all) which has close to 10k miles (9682 I think was the last reading I saw according to memory) and been through a minor accident?

Sorry if I sound too much like a n00b, because I am one... [:(]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Domesticated Focus said:
Well, I don't know much about car ownership and trade-in (this is my first car), but would it be a tad too late to trade in my car for free (such a cursed word that is praised my many, if not all) which has close to 10k miles (9682 I think was the last reading I saw according to memory) and been through a minor accident?

Sorry if I sound too much like a n00b, because I am one... [:(]
It would be nice if it could be done. Your best bet is to take a look at www.kbb.com look under used car> then fill in the info asked, when you get to the part that has a list of ways to sale, click dealer trade in. This would give you a good idea how much a dealer would give you for your car. In the end, unless you had a real big downpayment, you will end up still paying off some of your current payments aka eating the cost. With your car being a 05, I would say its worth around $13k on the high end depending on what model ZX4 you have.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
the tranny is the same on the 2.0 and the 2.3. why on earth would they have different bolt patterns.

the difference in the block is just the deck height.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts