Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to know if a 2005 Focus ST shift knob is a direct fit on 2000-04 Foci and if it keeps the reverse lockout. Do you know where I could get one and how much it would be? Click the link for a pic : http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/Massive1/36801497.jpg

Are the boots in the pic the stock ones? Would they fit pre-2005 Foci?

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Could check the buy/sell forums here. I believe there's been a few of us ST owners who've changed out their shift knobs. There might be a couple for sale.

·
Super Moderator
1,080 Posts
One thing I was wondering is why my '06 ST shift knob looks like it has reverse lockout but the mechanism on the shifter doesn't move. Will this have an impact on it being used in another Foci?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was told by the good folks at CFM that on 06+ the reverse lockout was changed, and is now handled internally by the transmission.

This is cool, but If you want to add a short throw (like me) you have to add a reverse lockout delete, or find the little spring that operates the reverse lockout.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Yep..the 06 STs don't have the reserve lockout anymore. The knob still looks the same, there just isn't any function to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts