Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 ZX4 ST... and a 2001 SE... now on the 2001 SE I have lining on the trunk lid to hid all the nasty body structure/support and wiring... for some reason the 2005 does not...

Does anyone else have this problem???

The dealer is going to get it for me if they can, they don't have a part number for it at the parts dept... :S

We also spent some time checking other Sedans and none of them seemed to have it on the lot... FORD QC gone AWOL?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I don't know, but my '04 SE sedan doesn't have a liner either. However, my lock cylinder and key hole is to the RIGHT of the license plate when all the other first gens I've seen are below the plate and have a liner. My car is a freak.

My girlfriend's '05 SES sedan doesn't have a liner either, so I'm guessing that sometime in the middle of '04 production Ford stopped using them altogether. Jess' sedan has all the options, so if anyone's would have it, I would assume hers would.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I am calling other Ford dealerships to find out about it... plus might just stop by a few today... who knows...

This is really annoying cause there are all the punch/mount holes for the fabric liner there... It bugs the hell outta me that nothing is there...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet, so it still fits?

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
It probably saved them 1/2 lb and $1.00 a car, go figure...but every car company "de-contents" their vehicles from year to year. I definately would like a liner, just to clean things up a bit. If they do fit from previous years, I'm going to look into getting one.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the dealership promised to give me one for free... long story about a dead battery and total embarassment on the test drive :p

I offered to install it myself, so we shall see if it fits... anyone have a part number for it from an '03?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I take it no one has a part number for the interior liner/padding?

·
Registered
79 Posts
you have to order one for an 03 you will have to trim it up some and some of the push pin holes wil not line up.a guy i work with did it and it looks good

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also went from an 01 ZTS to an 05 ZX4 ST and that was the first thing i noticed when i closed the trunk - thought I broke something..........

If there are enough people that want a lining and we can confirm that it fits reasonably well I will order a bunch from my uncles dealership and offer in the Group Buy section.
Just msg me if interested

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MR. [email protected], can you provide a part number so I can give it to the Parts guy at the dealership? They cannot seem to locate it... :)

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Our 05 doesn't have it either.

I know we saw a 01 at our G2G the other day with it on it. Looked hella nicer.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll take some photos tomorrow if its nice, so everyone can see the difference the padding/fabric makes :p

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will be checking it out later today... gotta work till 3:30PST... so expect a few photos... hopefully the guy at the dealership has a part number by now...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Check my photogallery for pictures I took... Also, I got a part number... or rather the sticker from the insert on the '01 SE...

FORD

Vendor Code: U271C

Part Name: C170 Luggage Compt Door Inner Trim

Part No: YS41-F40706-AEZRBB

Rel No: EB01 11095115000

Date: 2001 May 08

So there ya have it... :) and its Charcoal gray... mmmm

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
I was in and outta my trunk all day today, Costco addict...every time I opened it I saw bare sheet metal..grrrr..haha I definately would be interested in learning more.

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
Eh, I would keep it off. Makes it easier to clean. Especially if you remove the rest of the trunk carpeting and plastic. I did on my 2000 ZX3, and boy it looked nice. But then the spare tire stuck out like a sore thumb...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hmm, I am not into bare metal or seeing the structural support of the trunklid... thus why I want fabric :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts