Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost at 60,000 miles. Is there a big 60,000 mile service that has to be done or what should I have done?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
http://www.fleet.ford.com will give you the "Official" Ford maintenance schedules, which is a good starting point/minimum.

In addition to what the official schedule might say, I myself would add a few things:

autotrans fluid every 25-30K

Manual transmission fluid change if it is still the original oil.

brake fluid replacement/bleed every two years

Spark Plugs, if they are the original ones

I am sure other's will add to this list.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
> Anyone know how hard it is to change the fuel filter?

Do a message search on "fuel filter" and you'll find lots of info.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
If you still have the "life-time" air filter, it is probably dirty enough to be affecting your gas mileage at 60k.

At 30K my MPG was poor.....I could see plenty of mud/dirt under the splash shield. A stock Ford filter assy was over $200, so I just bought a Steeda SRI setup. My MPG went up 3mpg.

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Not hard at all penguin, just DON'T pull the clips out, they push in I believe. They are very easy to break on the 05's, and of course ford stopped making that style clip. I would have my tires rotated and an alignment if it's not been done recently.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
> If you still have the "life-time" air filter, it is probably dirty enough to be affecting your gas mileage at 60k.

What was the filter life vacuum gauge showing for the OEM filter when you got rid of it?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
^^^^My little vacuum gauge was reading ok. But that reading depends on the gauge itself.....the internal filter still could be partially clogged. I didn't trust the gauge reading.....and I was correct.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I may see how much the filter cost to have someone change. If it is cheap then I may have someone do it.

Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts