Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear passenger door has no power. I've scanned with OBD2, shows no codes. Had the entire latch replaced at garage, he could find the problem.100.00 for nothing.
The latch wont engage, and the electric lock doesn't work. All other doors work fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
is there a connector at the back door hinge in these? been out of the 4dr game to long now, anyways if so I'd look there. does the speaker work?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Since your Focus does not have power windows you should have only 4 wires going into the rear door: 2 for the power lock/latch and 2 for the speaker. The problem you have cannot be systemic (fuse, switch, GEM, etc) as the other 3 doors work so you either have a bad lock/latch unit or you have a wiring failure to that door - perhaps at the flex joint between the door and the B pillar. You will need to do some point-to-point testing.
Paul

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since your Focus does not have power windows you should have only 4 wires going into the rear door: 2 for the power lock/latch and 2 for the speaker. The problem you have cannot be systemic (fuse, switch, GEM, etc) as the other 3 doors work so you either have a bad lock/latch unit or you have a wiring failure to that door - perhaps at the flex joint between the door and the B pillar. You will need to do some point-to-point testing.
Paul
Speaker still works, don't have a electrical tester.

·
Registered
16,029 Posts
'The latch wont engage, and the electric lock doesn't work.'

Meaning you don't even know if the 'new' latch was junk or not. Or if it was even really changed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'The latch wont engage, and the electric lock doesn't work.'

Meaning you don't even know if the 'new' latch was junk or not. Or if it was even really changed.
The other latch worked on my parts car, but like you said how do I know the mechanic even changed it.

'The latch wont engage, and the electric lock doesn't work.' Correct.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So since I have lots of time right now. I took the door apart and figured out the mechanic never switched the latch out, he just put sprayed everything with lubricant. I grabbed the front door latch off my parts car because it was working perfect, much better than the other extra one I have. Put her back together and she works fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts