Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am very new to this, but any info on my ford focus would be helpful. I cant find anyone that has the right answers. I bought my car in NY and im guessing it is a 2.0. First question is, will I get better proformace changing the air intake, Apparently I have a lifetime filter, not even sure what that is. I am also going to be changing fluids and I have a manual trans and not really sure what is supposed to be used, and it seems ford dealers are not even sure. Anyhow any info on this car would be helpful.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Welcome!!!!

More than likley a 2.0L, nothing wrong w/ that. What does it say on the trunk deck or hatch? etc= S, SE, SES, or ST? As far as your intake filter goes, yes you have a lifetime filter. Ford designed that filter to cut down on owner maintence= no performance, you try breathing thru that. 2 style's of intake's = CAI= cold air intake & SRI= short ram intake. Focuswerk's has a great CAI & Steeda has a great SRI. Either one w/ make a difference in performance & MPG. You can't go wrong w/ either. Have you read the new member stickey's at the top?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I am really having a hard time finding people to help me work on this car, due to some of the things they did to it to make emisions better.

·
Registered
401 Posts
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the lifetime air filter on these cars! Unless you enjoy more noise, fiddling with cleaning and re-oiling a so called performance filter, cleaning your sensors because of before mentioned oil as it migrates down the intake tract, and hiding in the house whenever it rains because of water ingestion. The engine makes 136 hp folks lets get real.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the lifetime air filter on these cars! Unless you enjoy more noise, fiddling with cleaning and re-oiling a so called performance filter, cleaning your sensors because of before mentioned oil as it migrates down the intake tract, and hiding in the house whenever it rains because of water ingestion. The engine makes 136 hp folks lets get real.
Who say's your having to stay home w/ Steeda's sri? Have you ever seen Steeda's sri? Oil driping down the intake= sorry it sit's lower, so hah, & all the rest of them sit lower too. Go out & look at your's=MAF sensor, where is it compared to where your, "lifetime" filter? HUH? As far as136hp wouldn't be nice to have a more responsive motor?HUH [bath]

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Mine was all busted up and its ugly. Ide prefer to add a filter clean and reoil to my list of things to do.

I prefer engine mods over the dangers of lowering and other crap i see others do around here.

Its a little pricey but it was fun fixing it up.

I believe the 05-07 have the same engines.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Lookin good BowerR64!

·
Registered
532 Posts
You have pretty much the same car as me. Unless you have an ST, you have the 2.0l PZEV in there.

You'll have no problems with a new intake on your car. I have an '05 as well, and its lived it's entire life minus about one month with a CAI on it. Never had to clean the MAF either after re-oiling.

And it doesn't hide indoors when it rains.

It's definitely a good first mod to do, and when you can, get a new exhaust to get rid of the pop straw the car came with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I think ill be taking care of it soon, and yes we have the same car. I bought my car in upstate NY. Im so thrilled to know I have way more options than what Ford put on there!!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
@don627 no there isn anything wrong with the air filter in fact it makes it nice only having to change the filter every 100,000 miles of course then you gota pay out 600 or so more to replace it. a lot of the times wen we put a sri or cai on the car its to allow more air to come and and for the car to breath better. the sound is just something that happens but alot of the times the sound is a really nice sound. all that said the intake basically just helps for better breathing of the car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts