Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Looks like my 2005 Ford Focus ZXW does not have a cabin filter. anyone confirm this? I looked under the cowling. Nothing there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Common problem.....there is no cabin filter available for the '05-'07 models. The filter available for the earlier models won't fit.
Your only option is to rig up your own. The opening is under the passenger cowl. You need to pry off a screen, and make your own filter

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Anyway for me to see these pictures clear. They only show blurry. no mater what browser I use.

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,426 Posts
You can put in a cabin filter if you like. The Focus comes with a "placeholder" instead of a filter. On mine, I cut some metal window screen wire and placed it on the top of the existing placeholder. I sealed the edges with some caulking...I think I used silicone.

The screen does not filter like a real filter would do, but it keeps the leaves out of my system. Tree leaves were my big issue. They got into the squirrel cage on the blower and also made a mulch pile behind my evaporator core. I don't care about the smaller stuff (pollen, etc.).

Now all I do is lift the cowling a little bit and blow off the leaves that are sitting on top of the screen with my air compressor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts