Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this car in September with all lights except for the low beams on the drivers side in working condition. I have driven it over 6000 miles already as I take it to and from school each day, 26 miles each way.

About 3 weeks ago, My Uncle and I were trying to figure out why my fuse, #58, which runs my drivers side position, side, tail light, and license plate lamps. The brake light on that side does work. The line would keep getting a short to ground when the drivers side turn signal bulb when plugged in, and would function normally when the bulb was taken out. We replaced that bulb with a brand new one and the whole line started working, although one of the two license plate lights were out. So the whole problem was fixed, all fine and dandy, right? No. Last night I got pulled over by Highway Patrol because the whole line died again. Luckily, I was only given a warning and told to get it fixed, but my Uncle and I don't know where to go next. [?|] [?|] [?|]

As for the Cruise Control, it never worked when it was in my hands. I have tested the electronics and when the car is quiet and I activate the cruise, I can hear a click under the hood but the cruise does not work. Electronically it appears to be fine.

Any help is appreciated.[poke]

Thomas

·
Registered
9 Posts
X-2 on checking the hatch wiring. If you find something looking like this
[/URL][/IMG] , you've probably found the problem. Just got done doing said repair on wife's focus.

·
Registered
242 Posts
InFlames is correct, I have done this on my wagon as well and cruise was restored. As for the parking light, check the pigtail itself, could need replacing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fixed the wiring, thanks all.
My orange and black cable and the black cable were severed. All they others I wrapped electrical tape around. Snug fit but the extra wire my father had laying around worked well.

My cruise is still unfunctional though...

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
If any brake light is still out (including bulbs of the center light) that's the best guess for cruise not working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, all exterior light bulbs are in working order. Still no cruise. Would an interior bulb being dead be the case as well or is it just that specific loop?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts